I Like Coffee....

....no, I LOVE COFFEE! That is the most pressing thing on my mind before the surgery... "What do you mean I can't have my morning coffee??!!" I figure if I can't have anything after midnight, I will stay up and have my last cup at 11:59pm. I was thinking of putting some coffee grounds in a paper bag, so I could sniff it. I can hear them now.... "Are you hyperventilating?" "No, I am inhaling coffee grounds."

For my last surgery, which was 10 years ago, the one thing I remember is the throbbing headache. The anesthesiologist offered to give me either caffeine IV or Ativan. I figured I was too far gone, it was already 1PM, so I chose the Ativan. It definitely took away the headache, but I would rather sip coffee. My mother said instead of giving me ice chips, they should give me "shaved coffee". Now THAT is a great idea, and don't think for one minute that I have formulated a plan to get it.

I think Starbucks is nice, but I can do without the "FooFoo" coffee, that's not coffee, that is desert. Give it to me black and strong, forget the "room for cream", if I wanted cream, I would go to Arby's and get a Jamocha Shake. Decaf!? That is for sissies!

I don't get sick very often, but Mike can gage how sick I am by whether or not I am drinking coffee. If there is no coffee made, and I don't have a cup sitting around somewhere, then it is time to order pizza.

So, this is what I am thinking... I will drink my last cup at midnight (make it a double), then before I go to the hospital, I will get the coffee ready to brew. Mike can come home while I am in surgery and make the coffee, put it in a thermos and bring it to me. I realize that they have coffee at the hospital, but have you ever tasted Farmer Brothers coffee? I think putting dirt in a cup and adding water would have roughly the same taste. I also realize that they have the little coffee shop down in the lobby, which is probably great, but I can't see spending $5 for a cup of coffee when I can get a canister of Folgers Colombian Dark for about the same price......

Okay, enough about my coffee obsession. In all seriousness, I feel that I am ready for the surgery and I figured I would have Brittney post an update on my blog after the surgery to keep you informed. I will post when after I get home and get my first cup of fresh coffee.

Comments

Popular Posts