Got Boobies?

I have made a decision to have a bilateral mastectomy...

I didn't realize I could be so infatuated with breasts. (Guys- now I know how you feel!) I am checking out other women's breast, checking my own and making sure they are still there and dreamt about breasts all night. My dreams weren't Pamela Anderson running on the beach.... I don't remember all the dreams, but I think they were more like breast nightmares. That is the reason I flew out of bed at 2:30 this morning. My brain told me I had to go look something up on the Internet.... too bad my brain doesn't remember exactly what it was that I was going to look up.... at this point I say "What Brain?".

Okay, back to treatment... I spoke to several people yesterday. I am really amazed with the people that are so extremely supportive and willing to help me and those heroes that have been through their own trials. After talking to others, and hearing both sides, I decided that a bilateral mastectomy would probably be the best avenue to take. I am not completely comfortable with the idea, but I believe it is the best way to go.

So.... I made another call to the surgeon with the "Golden Scalpel" award, and I am waiting for a call back from her nurse. I am a little concerned about the insurance aspect, but I have made my decision and will have to work on that today. I also have to make a decision on the reconstruction aspect... (no, not what size!) I would like to get the reconstruction done in havasu by somebody I know, but that would mean a second surgery.

As a side note.... I had a extremely successful day with all my swimmers yesterday. I have a 9 year old that started out last week not knowing any strokes. Yesterday, after just 3 sessions, she was swimming a decent backstroke and freestyle! It seems like a small accomplishment, but when you see the swimmers start out at the beginning level, then move up and compete...... it is PRICELESS! ;) I get satisfaction for myself knowing that before I started coaching, these are kids that wouldn't have been able to make it on the team. I have a 4 year old with the heart of the Energizer Bunny. She never says "no", everything I ask her to do, she says... "okay". I am going to really miss getting in the water with my kids...

Okay, I think I remember what I was going to look up on the Internet. I better go and do it before I forget....!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts