Another Surgery... Number 16? 17? 20?

I saw the oncologist last week and she referred me to the surgeon, which meant another trip back to Phoenix.  The surgeon recommended surgery to remove the mass, which he suspected is a schwannoma, a benign slow growing tumor.  Mike and I will be heading back up to Phoenix for another surgery.  Luckily this is out-patient. Hopefully the recovery will be a little easier than the last surgery. I guess I will bring the puke bucket just in case.  

I am hoping it will go okay,  I am supposed to start my radiation in two days.  The tech assured me that the room would be warmer than the CT room and I could have warm blankets...my favorite!!!

This angel pin was given to me by a lovely lady that I had just met when I found out I had cancer in 2008. She took it off and gave it to me and told me it would be my guardian angel.  I have always kept it right next to my bed.  She died a few years ago and I was going to give it back to her family.  I thought it would mean more to them, but I have selfishly kept it next to me every night.  It reminds me that I have a lot of people that care for me, family, friends, strangers and of course guardian angels.

This surgery isn't anything major for me, it is "just another surgery", but it would sure be nice to not have to be in pain, take medication or worry about swelling up like an "Oompa Loompa" for maybe just one day.  

Comments

Popular Posts