All Clear!

I got the surgical pathology results yesterday and the re-excision was clear.  There were 9 lymph nodes removed and all of them were clear. So that should mean no chemo for sure. I follow up with the surgeon at Banner tomorrow (Thursday) and will also see the radiology oncologist for a second opinion.  If everything checks out, I will be starting radiation in Havasu. I'm guessing that will be towards the end of the month when I am mostly healed.

I am healing okay from surgery. I am sore and the lymphedema is definitely worse.  My therapist friend. Suz, came over the weekend and that helped a great deal.  The garments are helping, but I lost a lot of weight, so there are some areas that are loose, so it isn't as effective as it should be.  Suz applied Kinesio tape which really got things moving, but unfortunately the tape is only temporary.  I am having some nerve pain that I am hoping will go away once the swelling is down.  I have a high pain tolerance, but that puts me over the edge.  This is nothing compared to the hernia repair, but it still limits what I can do. I am hoping that once I get back in the pool, it will help strengthen the muscles and increase my range of motion which is limited.

I have a JP drain in and I am slightly obsessed with what comes out.  It had a clot at the top which took a little bit of work to get it out.  I noticed that the drain was leaking and wasn't putting anything out because of a clump of blood at the top. I manipulated it to remove it... I won't post the picture, but it was pretty awesome! I really should've been a nurse or a doctor.

Comments

Popular Posts