Just when you think it's over...

I had my labs drawn last week, and my WBCs and RBCs are still down, so I had to get two shots on Friday. I had to go in again on Monday and again on Tuesday to get Neupogen shots for the WBCs. The Neupogen doesn't have side effects as bad as the Neulasta did. I told the chemo nurse, "Instead of getting hit with a wooden baseball bat, it is a beating with a Nerf bat". My lower back and pelvis ache, but it isn't excruciating pain, like with Neulasta. The nurse said that that should be all I need. I get my labs drawn on Thursday, so we will see. I have a follow up visit next week, so hopefully I will find out about my lab results for the hormones and iron overload, which they failed to draw last week and I happened to notice, so they added them to the Thursday lab draw. I really question the competency of our health care system, especially after I called to tell them, and they pulled up the wrong patient (again) even after I gave her my name and date of birth. I won't even go into that whole conversation... you wouldn't believe me anyway. If I had eyebrows, they would have been raised during the entire conversation.... as in "you have got to be kidding me"!

My brain fog seemed to be at its worst last week. I did a lot of wandering around in circles, since I couldn't remember what I was doing. I do that sometimes anyway, but it seemed to be magnified more so than usual. That may have been partially caused by the anemia. It was really annoying and a little scary. The fog seems to be clearing some, now there is just a 50 percent chance of showers.....

My vision has also been really wacky. The other evening when Mike and I were outside, I was seeing double. When I looked up at the moon, there was a double moon. I told Mike, "That's cool, I can see two moons." He thought I was making fun of him, since his shorts hang a little low. :)

I started working with a couple new Pre-Stingers on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I am coaching swim 5 days per week again. One of my Pre-Stingers is 6 years old and a little on the hefty side. When we were about half way through practice (we only go for an hour) he asked me, "When is snack time?" He was very disappointed to find out that we don't have a snack time during swim. His Dad told me later that he is very concerned about food, and when his next meal is. He said he wants to swim like Michael Phelps, so hopefully he will stay in swim.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I hope there is more than a 50 percent chance of showers, because otherwise you stink.

Popular Posts