Post Surgery

The surgery on Tuesday went well.  I am supposed to be getting results today(Friday) or Monday.  Dr. Byrum did a re-excision of the mass to ensure clear margins and also a lymph node dissection to make sure that there wasn't any cancer that was missed.  I actually got to go into surgery earlier than expected, which was super nice.  Everything went so fast, I didn't even have time to wait around and worry.

I felt okay right after surgery.  I had very little pain, but then I started getting a migraine, probably from the anesthesia and no caffeine. So that kicked in the usually nausea and head pain.  They kept trying different meds for the pain and the nausea and it still refused to back down.  Finally on Wednesday morning before I was discharged, they gave me some IV toradol and it went away.  We had an uneventful drive home.  I have one JP drain in and hopefully that will come out at the follow up visit next week.

I will be following up with the surgeon and the radiology oncologist at Banner.  I won't be able to do the radiation therapy there, but I do want to get a second opinion.

I am having some numbness and tingling in my arm and pain in my forearm.  I am guessing the forearm pain is from the lymphedema.  It seems that is how it started years ago.  I have been wearing my compression sleeve and torso suit, but when it is 110 degrees, it tends to get a little claustrophobic. I guess that is better than swelling and pain. The garments I use are from SolideaMedical.com and have been a lifesaver.  They gave me some bras at the hospital, and they work for compression on the incision, but cause havoc with the lymphedema.  The picture shows the upper torso garment.  I use mine with my double sleeves and it works great. I add these in case somebody comes across this site that is looking for information.  They have a great company and the garments are way better than anything else I have tried.
Solidea Active Massage™ Top S/NE 0494A5-S/NE  color NE-Black  Solidea Active Massage™ Arm Sleeve S/NE 0433A5-S/NE  color NE-Black

Comments

Popular Posts