Okay...so where is my hair?

I am thinking now that the chemo is over, shouldn't I have a full head of hair instead of peach fuzz?

The last chemo was uneventful. I got the "Special Recliner" by the window. Missy brought me in a balloon bouquet with Tigger.(How appropriate) and I got my bouquet of flowers from the staff. She handed it to me, and said "I hope we never see you again".... likewise! I came home to more balloons tied to the basketball hoop, those were from Maria. I was intrigued by how they got up there,but I found out later she had help from Mike.

So now, I am thinking "Onward Ho!" and my body is saying, "I don't think so!". I am ready to move on and get this all behind me, but I guess my muscles have a different agenda, because they don't seem to want to move in the same direction that I am. Alright, I know it has only been a couple days since my last chemo and I should slow down and regroup, but I don't want to.

I had my follow-up appointment with Dr. O. He got the results from the blood tests that I had the other day, and my iron levels were way up. He said that may explain why the liver enzymes have been elevated. I have to have another blood test to see if I have a genetic disorder that would cause the iron overload. I am thinking it was probably the BBs that my brother fed to me when I was little and told me they were chocolate "Sixlets".

I am also getting a blood test to see if I am in menopause. If I am, then I will be put on a different medication other than Tamoxifen. I REALLY hate the hot flashes! I am looking forward to the cooler weather, so I can open the doors at night and maybe get some sleep. My question regarding hot flashes is, "Am I burning extra calories as I stand here in a puddle?" Because then I may be more accepting of the discomfort.

So, everybody wants to know, "What Now?". Dr. O just said that he would do follow-up blood tests, but he didn't want to expose me to excess radiation, so I am not having any CAT scans done. Basically, wait and see.

Comments

Popular Posts